Bernard is currently the Chief Diversity and Engagement officer at Gusto. He empowers and leads the Employee Engagement team, which encompasses diversity, equity and inclusion, employee relations, and people’s integrity/governance/compliance functions. At Gusto, Coleman spearheaded the RISE program to get employees talking about diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Bernard was previously the diversity lead for Uber and for a US presidential campaign. Bernard transformed the diversity and inclusion programs, and his efforts spanned the boundaries of Uber working in close collaboration with people’s program areas like human resources, talent recruitment, analytics, marketing, communications, and branding to enhance diversity throughout Uber. Bernard also writes an Inc column called the Culture Code covering leadership, employee engagement, culture, diversity, inclusion, equity, and human resources – in technology, but more broadly across all sectors.
Former Managing Director, Microsoft Board Member, IMDA
As managing director for Microsoft Singapore, I have the privilege of leading a team of 150 talented individuals and responsibility to develop and drive growth strategies for all of Microsoft’s business in Singapore. In addition to growing the business, a key part of my charter is to create local opportunities, growth and lasting impact in Singapore through the application of digital technologies.
Beyond leveraging the resources of Microsoft, I believe that there’s a critical role that the business and technology industry can play. This is the motivation for me to also serve as a Board Member at Info-Communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA), and other chambers and associations including AmCham (Board of Governor), SICC (Board Member) and SGTech (Councilor).
Professionally, my career spans diverse roles including technical, business and sales management for leading organisations such as Microsoft, Avanade, Oracle, IBM, PricewaterhouseCoopers and National Computer Board in the last 25+ years in the IT industry.
A Singaporean, I graduated from the National University of Singapore with a degree in Computer & Information Services and went on to complete my MBA from the Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK.
• Expert in developing and implementation of creative and comprehensive high-volume talent strategy involving all traditional and non-traditional media to cut cost and time-per-hire ratios.
• Strategic HR management background incorporating resource planning, recruitment and selection, job classification infrastructure, compensation analysis, competency profiling, assessment centres and psychometric testing.
• Unsurpassed stakeholder, programme and project management, communication, negotiation, analytical and organizational skills.
• Experience of building, training and mentoring multi-site and multinational recruitment teams.
• Thorough understanding of US and EU Employment Law and international relocation issues.
• Budgetary P&L experience
Specialties: Talent Acquisition/ Management, International Recruitment Strategy, Passive Candidate Sourcing.
Explore X0PA AI
X0PA’s comprehensive solutions and customer success team will ensure that you achieve your goals.