As the pace of technology innovations gets increasingly rapid, IT companies often find themselves struggling to hire the right talent – quickly and efficiently. It also hinders their ability to build and scale bigger and better teams.
Any hiring activity requires teams to spend a considerable amount of time and money sifting through thousands of CVs. When done manually, companies stand the risk of missing out on quality hires due to human errors and bias.
In today’s digitally transformed era, making the art of hiring a science requires HR teams to embrace certain best practices that allow them to hire on time, get candidates on board that match the role and company persona, and improves candidate experience – all while achieving diversity and inclusion objectives.
Here are 10 tips for IT companies looking to reduce hiring time and cost:
- Invest in an intelligent hiring platform: In today’s fast-paced world, investing in an intelligent hiring platform is one of the best ways to hire top-notch IT talent quickly and efficiently. A modern platform can quicken the process of comparing candidates. It can also help in speeding up the process of scanning through resumes, spotting ideal candidates, scheduling interviews, as well as onboarding them into the company – through a single interface.
- Make the most of predictive analytics: Using predictive analytics in the hiring process is another sure-shot way of driving better candidate retention and performance. Modern analytics platforms can combine advanced algorithms with natural language processing and RPA to scale and improve the recruiting process, allowing companies to make the best-informed hiring decisions.
- Enable automation: Enabling automation in the hiring process can help you accelerate in filling your skills gap with far greater speed and accuracy. Using tools with smart in-built automation such as an automated interview scheduler, candidate emails, and candidate references can minimize the margin of error. It can also accelerate the decision-making process, allowing you to get the right candidates on board faster while also allowing you to drill down into the specifics of hiring, from diversity hiring to hiring the best cultural fit.
- Build talent pools: Building talent pools with new applications as well as your existing candidate database is another way to maintain a strong pipeline. Having direct access to an updated pool of willing, interested, and qualified IT professionals with up-to-date skills, availability, and experience can help in reducing the number of applicants you reject but also bring down the time taken to hire since you have fewer applicants to review and engage with.
- Leverage AI to source, score, and rank talent: Whether you want to expand your workforce, mobilize internal resources, or enable job rotations, leveraging AI in sourcing, scoring, and ranking talent can aid in identifying the best-fit candidate. Modern AI-based objectivity tools with role-based algorithms can help in saving significant time and cost of hiring while also maintaining objectivity in the hiring process – so you can make unbiased hiring decisions.
- Consider AI-powered retargeting: Filling your IT skills gap doesn’t necessarily require the hiring of external candidates; you can also consider AI-powered retargeting to automate the job matching and candidate recommendations process. Such an approach can allow you to tap into your existing talent pool, rediscover candidates who have previously shown interest, and accordingly retarget them for current or future roles that they are best suited for.
- Keep your hiring process as transparent as possible: Having a streamlined and transparent hiring process can set the stage for the required level of collaboration – both within the organization and with external agencies. Such transparency can help in starting the candidate-employer relationship on the right foot, eliminating doubt and mistrust, and accelerating the time to onboard.
- Conduct virtual interviews: If you think physical interviews tend to delay your hiring process, you can also consider conducting virtual interviews at scale. Interviewing via recorded video interviews with pre-set questions and enabling assessments via text, multiple-choice, video or hybrid questions can aid in evaluating multiple candidates at once while allowing you to automate scoring and rankings based on pre-defined criteria.
- Streamline candidate sourcing: Streamlining the candidate sourcing process using AI sourcing tools can also accelerate the process of finding the best-fit candidates for different IT roles. Modern tools that are integrated with third-party providers provide enhanced candidate sourcing capabilities, providing IT companies with access to millions of profiles, while ultimately funneling the best-fit candidates directly into their Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Consider outsourcing: IT hiring is an arduous and complex process and requires the constant efforts of qualified and competent teams. If you think your internal HR team lacks these capabilities, you can always outsource the hiring process to professionals who can effectively and efficiently manage your recruitment process – end-to-end. From building qualified talent pools to ensuring seamless candidate management, automating interview workflows to conducting virtual career fairs – a qualified partner can do it all.
IT companies need to constantly update and upgrade the skills of their workforce to keep up with the pace of business change. Unfortunately, IT hiring can get extremely complex, especially given the dearth of skilled professions and the lack of the right tools and processes. Embrace these 10 tips today to automate complex workflows, bring on high-performing hires, and enable a great candidate experience.